You can start the KeyLemon Control Center application :
- from the desktop shortcut “KeyLemon Control Center”.
- from the Start menu into All Programs→KeyLemon→KeyLemon Control Center.
- by a right click on the KeyLemon system tray icon if the permanent protection is running.
In the general tab you can choose:
- the interface language
- the security level : if you are sporadically recognized, try to set it to a lower level. Contrariwise if you think that similar faces can log into your account, increase it.
- An anti-spoofing detection to avoid access to your session with easiest spoofing methods, like with a photograph.
The antispoofing algorithm has two parts :
- a preliminary spoof detection roughly detects that this is not a photograph in front of the webcam. In order to pass this step the global image must be still (no face movement nor background movement)
- a second verification is done by analyzing your eye-blinks. Once a blink is detected, KeyLemon open your session. During this second step, the preliminary spoof detection is still running, so don't move, except your eyes.
This works as follow:
The first anti-spoofing detection is performed in parallel with the recognition. Once the both of these processes validate, a blue eye icon appears in the top right corner of the video stream. Now blink your eyes once to log into your session.
To open the face model creation wizard, you have to start the KeyLemon Control Center application. See the Launch the Control Center article.
From the KeyLemon Control Center, you can start the wizard from :
- the “General” tab
- the “Profile” tab
First, you have to select the webcam witch will be use by KeyLemon. If no webcam are available, check the following points :
- Is your webcam correctly plugged in?
- Is the latest driver of your device installed? How to know if system architecture is 32 or 64 bits
For optimal performance, please ensure that your webcam is as front of you as possible.
The better your position is, the better will be your face model. Before going on step 3, check the following points :
- Stay in front of your webcam.
- Light's condition could modify the recognition result. Try to get good luminosity.
- Take a natural position.
This is the main step of the face model creation wizard. Keep the same position and click on the “Create my model” button. Wait until the progress bar reaches the 100 percents. This process will take a few seconds depending of your computer's configuration. It is recommended to move a little bit your head during enroll process to create a model with several head poses. It will improve recognition.
When your face model is successfully created, you will be able to check his quality by looking at the bar on the left side of the video screen. A green bar indicates that your model is good enough to continue the process by clicking on the “Next” button.
Your biometric face model is created. Give it a name according to the current environment. This name should reflect the lighting environment (Home, Office, Morning, Afternoon, Living Room,…)
To associate the face model with the current Windows account, KeyLemon asks for your Windows account password. This information is confidential and accessible only by KeyLemon during the login process.
Your password has changed? Don't worry, KeyLemon will ask you automatically to enter the new one.
Finally choose a thumbnail for this face model by clicking a small picture of you taken during the enroll process.
You're ready to enjoy the face recognition. Try to lock your computer (Win+L) and let KeyLemon do his work.
- You can only create a face model for the current Windows user. To create more model, you have to switch user.
- If you have already a face model for the current user, the wizard will propose you to adapt this model. For more information see the adaptation guide.
- Keylemon checks automatically if a user belongs to a Windows domain. Don't worry about this.
When you create your face model, it will be optimized for the current conditions (luminosity, position, intensity, isotropy or background).
The face recognition can fail if they are too many differences between the face model and the current conditions. This could happen when the sun's light is changing or if you're moving with your laptop. To prevent this, The face model is able to learn from this new conditions by doing a face model adaptation. Then you have two solutions :
- improve your face model
- add a new facemodel
If the recognition works sporadically or takes a long time (> 5-10 s.) you can improve an existing model to adapt it to current to the current conditions. The model will be modified to take the 2 situations into account. The adaptation wizard is similar to the model creation wizard. From more information please refer to the Create your face model article.
If the new lighting conditions are too different between the first model and when you want to improve it, KeyLemon cannot process an improvement, so a new face model will be created.
You can force a new model creation by clicking “Add a face model”.
Rename the selected face model.
Delete the selected face model.
This option launches the face model improvement wizard for the selected face model. For more information, please read the adaptation guide.
Add a new face model if you are in new lighting conditions, or in a new location and you want to be sure not to degrade the recognition of another previously created face model.
Some stats related to the selected model are displayed:
- Creation date : date of the first model creation
- Improvements count : the count of the improvements you have done to this model
- Authentication : the number of successful authentication with this mode (on login, unlock, LemonFox, LemonLock,…)
- Authentication time : the mean time between the face detection and the recognition. If this time is long ( > 5-10 s.) you should consider a model improvement or a new model addition.
- Comments related to the model. This will advise you in case of KeyLemon thinks that you should improve your model.
Select the webcam device used by KeyLemon. Is this device isn't available, KeyLemon will choose automatically another webcam if possible. You can see the non-exhaustive tested hardware list here.
Enable the horizontal symmetry operation on the video stream.
Select the number of seconds of inactivity before stopping the webcam. You can restart the video stream by moving the mouse or pressing a key. This option is very useful to save energy on laptop.
To enter your license key, you have to start the KeyLemon Control Center application. See the Launch the Control Center article.
Go onto the “LemonStore” tab. Copy/paste the license from the payment confirmation e-mail into the textbox and press enter or hit the “activate” button.
A KeyLemon's license looks like :
Note : before the license takes effect, you have to restart the KeyLemon Control Center.
If you bought either the Basic or Bronze package and want to upgrade your license, open KeyLemon Control Center and open the LemonStore tab.
Click on the package you want to upgrade. You will be redirected to our online shop where you can continue your purchase.
Once your purchase is complete, come back to the KeyLemon Control Center and click on the “check license” button, as illustrated below.
Your license will be updated and KeyLemon will propose you to restart KeyLemon Control Center to unlock your new features.
With default settings, KeyLemon checks every day if updates are available. You can edit the settings for the check of updates in the “General Tab” of the ."KeyLemon Control Center"
You can also check manually for updates by clicking on “Check for updates now”. Then a message appears that tells you that KeyLemon will check if updates are available.
If updates are available, a new window appears in which you can see the details of updates and choose to install or not the updates.
Click yes and KeyLemon begin to download the “Updater” that will update KeyLemon files.
Once the download is complete, the updater will launch automatically.
If some KeyLemon applications are open (KeyLemon Control Center or LemonLock in the icon system tray), a message will prompt asking you to close these applications before updating.
Once this is done, click OK and follow the wizard that will automatically replace required files. If you press cancel, the updater file is automatically deleted and you will need to restart the procedure (a new check for updates)
At the end, you may be asked to restart if needed. That's it!
According to our license model, a license is associated to a single machine.
Starting from version 2.6.2, KeyLemon allows you to deactivate the software to transfer the license to a new machine.
Let's say you have got a new computer and want to activate KeyLemon on this new machine. You have to options:
- buy a new license for that new machine (KeyLemon is activated on both machines) on our website
- transfer the license from your old machine to the new machine. This is done by deactivating the software on your old machine before activating it (with the same key) on your new machine.
To deactivate the software once activated, go to the LemonStore tab and click on the “Deactivate button”
You will get a confirmation message telling you that the deactivation was successful.